• A big welcome to our new members. Please book & pay on HELLO CLUB for all activities, meetups and workshops. If unsure ask your Activity Volunteer Coordinator or a Committee Member. A reminder to check our website, www.thewomensshed.org Hello Club and BAND (members chat platform) for news and updated information.
• CWS AGM: Our 5th AGM was held on Sat 16 Sept. Thank you to those 20 members who attended. The incoming Management Committee now comprises: Pres Deilia Murray, Sec Kat Rajak, Tres Peta Marshall, General Members Karin Redding, Sharon Thomson, Lynne Gurn, Judi Walker, Julie Ferrier, Carrol Benfer. A big thank you to the outgoing Committee members for all their hard work during the last year. Come and chat to Deilia if you are interested in assisting with other Shed tasks.
• YOGA DAY RETREAT WITH SIMONE: CWS and Simone have planned a Yoga Day Retreat, Sun 22 October 2023, from 10am-3pm, $120pp. There are 12 places available, so if you are keen to take time out for yourself; please call Simone direct on 0408 259150 to book and pay for your place (asap) see flyer below.
• NEW TOOL SHED SIGN: We were required to install a safety sign in front of the Tool Shed, this is a reminder for our members to ensure the roller door is completely opened right to the top to avoid accidental closure.
• TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY WALK GROUPS: Welcome to new walkers. Tuesday group enjoyed their annual spring wildflower away walk in Noosa National Park through lovely bushland tracks from Sunshine Beach to Alexandria Bay and return, followed by coffee at a local Sunshine Beach to Alexandria Bay. The away walk for the Wednesday group took in Mt Emu walk/climb and surrounds, wildflowers spotting as well as a few whales on the horizon. Coffee afterwards at Pool café Peregian Springs.
• OTT (ON THE TOOLS): Tues 10 Oct from 10-12, we will have Russell the Induction Officer from the Coolum Men’s Shed provide us with training and induction for some of our tools and equipment. Come and join us and learn how to use the tools with confidence. (please book in so we know you are coming)
Are you a keen and experienced woodworker in the use of a variety of tools? We are looking for more members or women tradies who can instruct on a regular basis and share their skills with our group of eager learners. For those who have not been to our Tool Shed, you can learn how to use a variety of tools, so you can bring your own project to make / mend or join in with our projects. We adhere to safe work practices- Induction, closed shoes, eye protection, masks etc.
• CWS BOOK LIBRARY/BOOK SWAP: We have an extensive range of soft and hard cover books at the Shed Book Library. You are welcome to borrow or swap. (no donations required at the moment)
• BRAINIACS – Cards & games: Don’t be fooled by the name of the group. Our members test their skills in Canasta, 500, Philadelphia, Mah-jong and other card & board games. Lots of fun and laughter twice a week, Thursdays @1pm, Saturdays @1pm. BYO lunch or a plate to share. Mah-jong will be played on the 4th Thursday of the month.
• DRAWING GROUP – Sketchy Gals: Beginners welcome, come and join us twice per month on Saturdays 10.30-12.30pm, to try different drawing and art techniques and share tips and ideas. This group is essentially self-taught to practice drawing skills through shared experience. Each meeting has a suggested exercise / project topic or you are welcome to bring your own project, please bring your own materials.
• CREATIVE CONNECTIONS - Beginners Sewing: our sewing group have been very busy, improving their sewing skills, mending items & starting new projects. Elizabeth will assist in all manner of things related to sewing. Bring your own machine or use our machine or overlocker, on the 4th Thursday of the month from 11am – 1pm.
• CREATIVE CONNECTIONS: Come and join us the 2nd Thurs each month from 11am -1pm and bring along your creative endeavours - art, craft, knitting, crochet, macrame projects or a special project you would like to develop. Share and learn new skills with other like-minded Sheddies over a coffee/tea & chat.
• SHED JAZZ: Is a joint project between the Coolum Women’s and Men’s Shed. Jazz musician’s get together and jam each Monday 1-3pm. If you are an experienced jazz musician or singer who is interested in joining them, pop in and listen or contact Ian on 0428 598 465…..no tuition is provided.
• FUNDRAISING FOR CWS: Would you like to help us raise funds with minimal effort? Coolum Womens Shed is registered for Containers For Change. All cans, glass and plastic bottles marked with a 10c stamp can be recycled. It is located in Lysaght St opposite the German Bakehouse in the Coolum Industrial Estate. Our CWS code is
# C10120544, $$$ are then allocated to our account. We have a Containers for Change bag at the Shed where you can leave your cans/bottles and we can deposit them for you.
• ACTIVITIES and VOLUNTEERING AT CWS: If you happen to have expertise or special skills you would like to share and are keen to volunteer please contact us at email@example.com (A reminder we don't have a contact phone number and no full time admin support). All activities & events are conducted by our team of CWS volunteers & without their support, we cannot conduct our low-cost activities. Several tasks are required to set up, supervise, check attendance and support the activity. If you have skills you would like to share eg kayaking, tools, mosaics, outdoor activities, or new ideas for activities & workshops and are interested in becoming an Activity Volunteer Coordinator, please contact Deilia.
Kind regards Deilia and the Management Committee.
Most activities are run from the Coolum Men's Shed Community Centre. 26 Research Street, Coolum 4573 QLD
Our purpose - connection through recreation